Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

October


It's been over a month since my last post. If you read it, you may figure out I kind of needed a break for blogging. Even though I just started blogging again it was honestly adding to my adjustment crisis and I needed a minute to figure it out. 

It's been a great month! I absolutely love this month! Here's why: 

My birthday starts the whole thing off! October 2nd! This year was fun. I celebrated on the actual day with girl friends! We went to the apple orchard/corn maze/cider mill! It was so much fun! Fresh Hot Apple Cider, pumpkin donuts, corn maze, and fun with new friends! We had a great time! 





Matt surprised me with a trip to Chicago! He planned the entire weekend. We met up with our neighbor friends for lunch. He gave me a check and planned for me to go shopping for the entire afternoon. I got to go to H&M (we don't have one in Grand Rapids) and spend the day with 3 girls I love dearly. 



It's been a really busy month! The weekend after Chicago, my in-laws came to visit! We had a great weekend! We ate a lot of yummy food and played some monopoly! His parents also bought us a new couch for Christmas (early)! Unfortunately, the sectional we picked out would not fit up the stairs of the house to our duplex. I had an existential crisis after it wouldn't fit (for another post). We ended up having to pick out a reclining sofa so they could take the back of the couch off and fit it up the stairs. 



It's different than what I wanted. But Matt convinced me that I could get other furniture to go with the more modern couch to give me that vintage/antique vibe I wanted for the house. Also, it is incredibly comfortable! I have fallen asleep on them already several times! 
I went out to the local antique stores this week and did some hunting because with the couch being the last big bit of furniture we needed, I wanted to finish up some decor. It's still not done, but I did snag this vintage sewing machine table and added some milk jars for decor and some frames to my collage! I love the look so far. 


I have also been snacking on a lot of yummy fall things! Many pumpkin spice lattes, homemade pumpkin bread, apple cider with mulled wine, and donuts covered in fall color sprinkles! 





We also went to our first Hockey game! The Grand Rapids GRIFFINS! haha! It was $1 beer $1 hot dog night! We had a lot of fun! 




October has been great! We're having a good ole time getting to know our new friends and settling in here in our new home! 


No comments:

Post a Comment